Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Future


For many of us this word holds a number of different emotions. For some of us, there may even be a bit of fear behind it. When I was in high school, the thought of the future was terrifying. The future meant growing up, leaving my family and beginning a whole new life. Now that I’ve grown up (just a bit), left my family, and started a whole new life, I’ve realized the future is not what is terrifying, It’s the unknown that really frightens me. The future may hold many things, and not knowing what they are is the scary part.

Diana, our new Honduran volunteer teacher, 
teaching the youngest group at our school. 
We love her and so do the kids!
Since working as the teacher for the Deaf for Signs of Love, I have been given new eyes to view the future. I no longer view  the future as the scary unknown, but as an opportunity for change, an opportunity for new workers to rise up and join the harvest, an opportunity for Signs of Love to grow as an organization through the Mighty Hand of our Father. I am overwhelmed with excitement by the thought of what God is planning for the future. I believe God is working and cultivating hearts right this second, and preparing Hondurans to become the leaders of tomorrow. Being in the school Monday-Friday has allowed me to witness the children from villages, who a month ago had no language, carry on a conversation with not only their other classmates, but the teachers as well. We have also been meeting Hondurans who have taken a huge interest in the Deaf and Signs of Love, who with the right guidance and love of the Father, will bring something really special to Signs of Love Honduras. And God is still working in other areas! The past few Sundays, many children from the school have begun attending Deaf Church, which is really exciting in itself. Not only are they coming to church regularly, but they also have engaged themselves by volunteering during the service, answering questions, and helping to re-teach biblical concepts to the other attendees. These kids blow my mind! They are so smart and I just know God has huge plans for their lives and I cannot wait to see them unfold. Meanwhile, we pray. Since all these wonderful things are happening, I know the enemy is on the prowl. Please join us in praying for the future leaders of Signs of Love, the ones being cultivated now, and the ones who may not yet be found. Pray that each day we do not lose an opportunity to build up these future leaders, along with the leaders that have already answered the Call and are leading right now. We all know how the story ends, the enemy will lose, and we will not fear the future or the unknown, because nothing is unknown to the God of the Universe, and I know with all my heart He is leading this organization into great and marvelous things! 

No comments: